Thank you for your interest in the Theatre Department at TCU! We sincerely believe that we have one of the finest theatre programs in the country, with a long history of great theatre productions and successful theatre training for hundreds of successful TCU alumni.
Our program offers many exciting features, including:
- Four different theatre venues in the same building, affording diverse theatre experiences for both audiences and students.
- An outstanding faculty of talented professionals who are highly accomplished teachers and artists.
- A wide variety of disciplines in which theatre students can specialize, including acting, musical theatre performance, film and television, scenic design, costume design, and lighting design.
- An impressive network of TCU theatre alumni who work all across the nation in professional and academic theatre.
- A large and supportive campus and community audience for our theatre productions, evidenced with frequent sellouts of performances.
- The opportunity to study theatre in a major metropolitan area that is a vibrant center for the arts featuring outstanding professional theatre companies (many of which offer internships to TCU theatre students), as well as superior museums, and performances in music and dance.
- A superb private university with an outstanding faculty in all fields offering a truly superior liberal arts education.
- Whether you are a prospective student, potential audience member, devoted alum, or interested theatre-lover, please explore our website to discover more information about Theatre TCU. We welcome your questions and your next visit to our campus!
Harry B. Parker, Chair
Professor of Theatre
Theatre Department Mission Statement
To provide the highest quality artistic and academic theatre education in a liberal arts environment, foster excellence in creative theatre production and research, and contribute to the cultural enrichment of a global society.
Theatre Department Vision
To be a prominent private university Theatre department, anchored in a liberal arts environment, and recognized for our diverse,
challenging, and collaborative artistry; our commitment to creative discovery through theatre production and research; our global perspective; and our commitment to fostering leadership and the comprehensive artistic development of our students.
Theatre Department Core Values
The TCU Department of Theatre values academic and artistic achievement, academic and artistic freedom and integrity, dignity and respect of the individual including a heritage of inclusiveness and tolerance, and a responsibility to the discipline of artistic collaboration in the theatre.